Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Reading

I have a terrible habit of reading a bunch of books at one time, causing me to take months to get through a single book. Unless of course I get into one that hooks me, and then I drop all the others and fixate on that one. Right now it is this book:



I have longed for a motorcycle, a proper street bike, for as long as I can remember. Lately I have become obsessed with the idea of getting a bike and getting on it and riding. I need to have a diversion from the things that cause me stress in my life, and I need to have a fairly regular infusion of adrenaline. I think a bike would be the perfect medicine for me. And so, I started reading this book, a story about two guys circumnavigating the globe on two BMW bikes. It took them just over 3 months, beginning in London and going through western and eastern Europe and then across Kazakhstan, Mongolia, and Siberia, then from Alaska, through Canada a bit and all the way across the U.S. to New York City. Now doesn't that sound like a blast? Anyway, currently this book has caused me to push aside the other four I was reading.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Melodee said...

My dad had that obsession, too. Right after he finished chemo for his Hodgkin's disease, he bought a Kawasaki and went cross country. He loved riding that bike!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely MUST read this book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home