Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Currently reading

See the sidebar, over there ====================================>>>>>>>>> ?

According to it I am currently reading 5 books at once. What kind of idiot reads 5 books at one time? A person with commitment issues? Or serious mental issues? And in the midst of reading these books, I began and finished a 6th book, "Don't let's go to the dogs tonight". Why do I do that? Why do I read a bunch of books at once? It has to be one of THE most irritating habits I have. But, I just never know what mood I will be in, so I feel like I need to have options. Oh, and let's not forget the riveting, "Fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems" and "Introduction to Cartographic Process" that I am also reading, at least until finals in December.

What are you currrently reading and what have you just finished reading?

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I'm reading Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper" and I'm loving it. I just abandoned Maryanne Robinson's (is that the right name?) "Gilead." I thought I would love it but it was putting me to sleep.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger barbara curtis said...

ditto on Gilead. I'm reading Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry, which is pretty good. The Kite Runner was one of the best books I've read. The Glass Castle very interesting.

I loved The Curious Incident - maybe because one of my kids with Down syndrome has a touch of autism too - I loved the way he captured their thought process. Knowing Daniel, it made perfect sense to me.

If you love reading things from a kid's point of view, I just read The Color of Water, which is "a black man's tribute to his white mother" - very interesting - a family of 12 who grew up poor and all became highly-educated professionals.

Maybe you're not really reading 5 books at once. I think I do the same thing - when a book gets boring I pick up something else, but have a hard time just flat-out saying I'm not gonna read any more of the boring book. Too much to read, too little time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home