Monday, September 05, 2005

Home sweet home

I have been away in Salem, MA for a wedding. A dear friend of mine finally tied the knot with one of the most perfect men (besides my own man) on the planet. The ceremony was genuine, simple, and not infused with tons of Jesus references. The food was outstanding, particularly the chocolate wedding cake that was topped by Han Solo and Princess Leia. The weather was absolutely perfect and the other people I met there were fantastic. After all of these years I finally got to meet so many of the important people in Angela's life. I felt like part of the family and I felt totally at home. This was the third trip I have made to Salem to see Angela and Chris, and now it does indeed feel like another home to me. They are the most wonderful couple, always an example of true love and kindness. Coming home to Atlanta was of course a joy as well. After four whole days away, I missed my boys terribly! Hayden and I had a great time on our vacation, but still.....it was awfully quiet without our boys there. Here are a few pictures, there are many more that I will eventually post to the site where all my other pictures go. You can find the link over to the right in the sidebar.







3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Melodee said...

Look at that cake! (Oh. And you're cute, too.) ;)

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Anandi said...

Just dropping by - the cake is gorgeous, and I like your description "not too many Jesus references". :) That's exactly what I was going for in my wedding last May, as well. I think we got away with mentioning God twice, and that was cool.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger roadiemon said...

Awwww, I think I missed this post the first time. Gosh, I'm all veklempt. We love you, too, sweetie. And my place is *always* home for you no matter where it may be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home