Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mama taught me better

According to Merriam-Webster, RSVP means:

Main Entry: RSVP
Function: abbreviation
Etymology: French répondez s'il vous plaît
please reply


See that? It means PLEASE REPLY. One way or another. When a person is planning a birthday party for a 10 year old and has to buy tickets in advance for the main attraction at said party, then FUCKING PLEASE REPLY! If I didn't want your reply then I would have put something like, "We don't care if you RSVP or not, we like surprises" on the invitations. But I didn't, I said please RSVP and I gave a phone number and an email address.

What is wrong with people?

3 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha

This is hilarious!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Uggh, I feel your pain. Drew's party is Saturday. Out to eat and skating afterwards. You'd think people understand the meaning of, "I need to make reservations". Guess they'll get it when they have no where to sit. Oh, the ones that haven't responded are notoriously late for EVERY TWO HOUR KID PARTY!!!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Anandi said...

After the RSVP date has passed, call them and ask. It's not rude at all since they couldn't trouble themselves to call you. I do this for work events all the time. It allows you to inflict a bit of extra guilt on them as well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home