Wednesday, September 24, 2008

News break

I am taking a break from the news. I haven't listened to NPR in nearly two weeks. I haven't read hardly any news, although the NY Times is my homepage when I open my browser, I've only read the headlines and not bothered to read articles. I need to cleanse or some people would call it, burying my head in the sand. That's fine with me, it's warm and peaceful here in the sand.

Instead of the news, I've been reading nothing but fantasy and indulging in more TV than is normal for me. I have rediscovered Wolverine and all the other X-Men, I'm enjoying thinking that our little economic problems are trivial in comparison with the things that the X-Men or Batman have to deal with on a regular basis. And of course, all the monsters out there roaming the Earth...vampires, werewolves....I mean, who can worry about Merrill Lynch being bought by Bank of America when there are bigger problems, right?

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger roadiemon said...

I love X-Men! I'm playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance with Chris on the XBox and I'm playing as Storm. I watched the TV cartoon a bit when I was younger but I want to read the comics from the start. Have to find me some good omnibus type volumes.

Love you dearie!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Amen. I couldn't agree with you more about the desire to bury my head in the sand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home