Monday, May 09, 2005

It's done

I did it. I finished. I made it to the end of the Master program in Information Systems. I wrote tons and tons of research papers and I spent hours and hours and hours in front of a computer. I drank more than my fair share of coffee and I lost a lot of sleep, which can be plainly seen in my face. I gave lots and lots of presentations, and now speaking in front of a group of people does not even make me bat an eye. The books I read were long and complex, the programs I wrote were difficult and tedious at times. The people I met were a mixture of highly intelligent, driven, slack, disorganized, wonderful, boring people. The professors I had all taught me something, although it wasn't always about the material I was suppose to learn. I learned a lot about what I am made of and about the things I can endure. I learned a lot about what my husband is made of too, and I have realized what a blessing he is to me. I felt 50 pounds lighter when I left class Saturday, my last day. I couldn't stop smiling. I felt so free. Another huge accomplishment done. I totally get off on setting goals and reaching them, what a freakin' rush!

I walk Thursday, May 12th. I graduate with honors, because somehow, despite all of the things that worked against me, there were enough forces working with me. I have made straight As for the past year, I did make two Bs early in the program, but learned from those courses and I did much better the rest of the time. I have to admit it, I am proud of myself. Now.....what next?

5 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

Congratulations from a passer-by! Whenever I've gotten to a milestone like this, I've always thought, "Vacation! Let's go on a vacation to a foreign country!" I hope you get to do something similarly appealing.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Smoovie you are da bomb! You've definitely inspired me to be all I can be! Just one question, will you do my homework for me?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Melodee said...

You so completely rock!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger cackmandu said...

Congrats! What a wonderful thing for you and your family. Team Cackmandu wishes you all the best!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Mel told me to stop by. So I did and I'm happy that I did. Congradulations on finishing up your Master's Program!
Now go get some sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home