Friday, June 17, 2005

Is it socially acceptable to lose your cool and kick someone’s ass at a 3 year old’s birthday party?

I took the twins to a pool party for one of the kids from their preschool class this morning. Everything was going well, I even got Jonas to jump off the steps to me. The kids all played, ate cake, ice cream, and all that jazz. Then they got out the piñata, not the kind you whack with a stick, but the kinder, gentler ones that you open by pulling little ribbons on the bottom (Guess someone sued the piñata industry when their kid got a concussion). So anyway, my boys were hanging around the edge of the swarm of kids around the piñata, and once the candy fell, all the kids went nuts. The big kids were pushing the little ones out of the way and everyone was grabbing candy as if their very lives depended on it. The twins just watched the chaos, with questioning looks, as if to say, “Hmm. My mom just gives us candy, no reason to get our ass kicked trying to grab it off the floor”. They each did pick up one piece of candy off the floor and were happy with that, and then they went back to the veggie tray and polished off all of the carrots.

When it came time to open gifts, all the kids sat on the floor in front of the birthday boy. Tristan noticed a little girl with the basket full of candy and walked over to check it out. He reached in a picked up a roll of Smarties, and out of nowhere, this girl’s mom gets in his face, grabs his hand, snatches the candy away and growls, “NO! That is HERS! Don’t you have one?” She scared the hell out of my son and he ran back over to me, crying. I said to the mom, “Hey, why don’t you bite his head off over some candy?” She says, “Well, he just took it from her”. I then said, “Yeah, well he is only 2 and at least he didn’t snatch it from her hands”.

What I wanted to say to her was, “Look bitch, you touch my kid again and I am going to have your ass on a stake. Looks to me like the little princess doesn’t need anymore candy anyway.”

All morning I had made my boys share their toy trains with these kids, this little girl included. They adore their trains and it is very hard for them to share those. This little girl also used their frog float in the pool, and it was no problem. And it isn’t like she asked, she just took it. No big deal, I chalked it up to a kid being excited to be at the pool and at a party. I am forever being diligent about my children sharing with others, sharing everything, even their prized possessions, because we have so much, it would be a sin not to share it. While I don’t have any problem directing other kids that may be out of their parents’ eye/ear range, I don’t grab other kids and snatch things from them, while shouting at them.

What is wrong with people? I am the classic selfish person, and I get pissed when other kids take advantage of my kids, but I don’t act like a child myself when trying to correct the situation.

So, that was the end of the party for us. I was so pissed off I knew I had to leave. If I had sat there one more moment, I would have lost all self-control and let out the demon that lives inside me. We left in the midst of gift-opening madness, and I didn’t even say goodbye to the hostess. So to all those mothers out there who might have the urge to grab a child that doesn’t belong to you and then shout at it, hear this: touch my kids and your head will be on a stake bitches, because I won’t hold back next time.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oooo, that would have really pissed me off. I think that lady deserved to take the frog float home. ::::right up her ass::::!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy! I know just what you mean! I've seen people do this to both Aaron and other children that didn't belong to them and it makes me crazy! Unless a child is doing something that is going to cause an injury to themselves or another person, then let their own freaking parents look after them! And if something like this happened and Aaron was the 'little girl' he'd have gladly given the candy to Jonas - he loves to share his food! You are a strong woman for not kicking that momma's arse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home