Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Reduced to tears

So, it has been almost 2 weeks since I bought my motorcycle and then fucked my leg up with it. This burn on my leg has been like a fucking proverbial albatross around the neck. It has been the first thing I thought of when I wake up and the last thing I think of when I fall asleep. It hurts. Like hell.

Monday morning I burst into tears as I cut up cheese for the preschool snack. My leg throbbed as I simply stood there performing this menial task. I was so frustrated with this injury that constantly hurts that I just cried. That and I had worked the night before so I was somewhat sleep deprived. Then, later on the same day, I was trying to change the dressing and discovered it was stuck to the burn. I got in the shower hoping the water would losen the bandage and it did a little, but I had to pull it off anyway. I sat on the edge of my bathtub just sobbing hysterically, knowing I had to pull this thing off and knowing full well it was going to make me sick because it would hurt so bad. But I did it, I pulled it off. And then I cried and cried.

There is good news though. My doctor called in another prescription for pain and that is helping. Today when I woke up and put my foot on the floor, the pain wasn't so blinding and I was able to walk without cursing. The burn seems to be healing and a lot of the dead skin is gone now. I think I am getting close to a full recovery. Oh, and most importantly, I figured out how to fix my bike. The part they got for me is too big but that can be easily corrected. I was just pleased that I was able to change the part myself!

I hope that by next week I will have more thoughts on my mind other than this sonofawhore burn on my leg.

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

I'm sorry it's still so bad :-( I hope the new meds help and there are no more tears for you.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Melodee said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger KMae said...

OH GEESE.
You POOR baby, dang! I gotta tell ya, I had to quit riding motorcycles because of too many people I know who got REALLY hurt. LIKE CRIPPLED, maimed even. It's so sad, I've reduced myself to a bicycle with banana handlebars for my bad back. Getting old is a beeatch.
Heal quickly & be safe!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOuuuccchhh!! Damn that sounds painful! Stacey, once you get back on that bike, please be careful! I know how adventurous you are!!! I am the total opposite, can you tell?
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home