Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rental

I have been driving this around last night and today. It is a tiny, tiny car but I am surprised how much I am enjoying it. After driving a huge, gas-guzzling Suburban for 4 years, this car feels so zippy! We had to finally rent a car while the Suburban is getting a new engine. Rain came and Kevin decided that while he loved riding his motorcycle, riding in cold rain really does suck. So, hence, the Kia.

This car has no power options. No power locks or windows. I had no idea how much I had come to rely on power locks and windows until now. Last night at the grocery store, I had to actually unlock the front door and then reach through to unlock the back door for Tristan! Yes, I know, shocking isn't it? The kids saw the manual window control and said, "What is this?" We showed them how to roll the window down with the handle and they thought that was wicked awesome. They played with it for quite some time. But as cool as that is for them, it is irritating as hell for me. The boys can roll the windows down with their feet when strapped into their seats, but can't roll them back up. So yeah, even though I told them NOT to roll the windows down this morning, and I said NO with much emphasis on the NO part, they did anyway. And then they freaked out because it was raining (duh, I told you it was) and I had to pull over and turn around to roll them up again.

Ugh....BOYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home