Friday, June 06, 2008

Almost 15 years



I love him. I love him more today, after 17 years together and nearly 15 years married to each other and three children and a host of ups and downs, I love him more. I love him for the father that he is, for the friend that he is, for the lover that he is. I love him for the way he thinks of us, his family, first. I love him for how he provides for us. I love him for the way he does small things for me like make coffee each morning so it's there when I come downstairs. I love him for making me laugh when I feel like crying and for having the wicked sense of humor that he has. I love him for his thick, wavy hair with just a touch of gray in it. I love him for growing a beard just for me. I love him for reaching across the bed in the middle of the night to touch my back or shoulder. I love him for always being there, no matter what. I love him for staying beside me when I've been at my worst and I love him for still loving me even though he's seen me at my worst. And believe me, it's pretty bad! I love him for making huge, difficult changes because he loves us that much. I love him for the great sex but mostly I love him because he's my best friend.

4 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Kris-T said...

ACK! Why am I getting a tear from this? BLAH. I love that you love him LOL

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Wow. that made me want to cry, but I love it. i'm so happy for you. Kevin is a wonderful guy! And I love that picture!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Jeez, I came over here for a laugh. Now I am crying. Two beautiful posts! Well done.

Lisa

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Your heart is just so soft lately...:)

This is the nicest thing I have read all day. You are incredibly lucky, and so is he!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home