Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Diving into the Bible

I recently bought a copy of NIV Life Application Study Bible and have begun reading bits of it here and there. I can honestly say that this is the first Bible (for grown ups) that doesn't intimidate me or make me feel like an absolute moron. This has to be the coolest Bible around, and seemingly written for people like me, who did not grow up in church memorizing scriptures and discussing them at the dinner table. As an important piece of literature, this book stands at the top of the list. One of the most influential books ever written, it has been on my "To be read" list for a decade. And finally a group of people wrote one for me!

I can't say where this path will take me or what I will discover within the pages on my new book, but so far I have learned that Jesus was a groovey guy who wanted us all to love one another and just get along. It seems so simple doesn't it? And yet.....we still don't get it.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Good luck with it!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I post on Parenting Large Families, and hit your link. I love blogging. I also agree with your comments about the NIV, it's much easier to understand than other versions. =)
Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home