Monday, October 30, 2006

Another reason I married him

Often people take each other for granted, especially when they have known each other for a long time. We become accustomed to a person always being around, always listening and responding, even to trivial things.

Well, my husband isn't the chattiest of men, nor is he always tuned in to my running mouth. Sometimes he will look at me after I have finished speaking and just blink a few times and then say, "huh?"

But, despite this seeming inattentiveness, he is actually really, really in tune with me. And he just has no idea how much the small things he does from day to day, can make my day. For instance, I worked last night and got home at 1:30am. I had to be up at 5:30am for work today. And, I started my period while at work Sunday night. So, Monday morning was going to prove to be a challenge to put it gently. But no, it was fine. Granted I was (and still am) extremely tired, I was cheerful. He did tons of laundry over the weekend. Anyone know how lovely it is to walk into your closet to a stack of your favorite clothes all folded and clean and ready to go? It is like living with a fairy. And, to top it off, he had the twins' school bags all packed up and sitting right at the door, so all I had to do was grab them and go out the door.

My husband rocks.

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Smoov said...

Thanks for the comment Suzanne!

I do get tired of listening to women bitch and moan about their husbands. I don't think that is a very loving or supportive thing to do. Now I am not saying I am not guilty of complaining or venting about my own husband, but I am now more aware of the company I do it in, on the rare occasion that I do.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Melodee said...

What a great guy!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes he does! ;)

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what you can find when you google "SMOOV"

:-)

Love You Too!

Mr. Smoov

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Home's Jewels said...

Reading your post made me smile and then reading Mr. Smoov's post made me smile more and want to hug him. WTG, Mr. Smoov!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home