Monday, March 26, 2007

Quit whining for the love of God!

This morning as I was getting dressed I was grumbling to myself about how I am so over my rather jiggly physique and how I need to just get back into the habit of exercising so that I am not scary at the pool.

On the way to work I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the ING marathon that happened this weekend in Atlanta. They talked about a guy who is a double, below the knee amputee that ran the race.

Yeah, a freakin' guy with no legs ran a marathon! Isn't that amazing? Awe-inspiring? I decided this morning that I need to stop whining about my large, jiggly ass and do something about it instead. I mean, if this guy can manage to train and run a marathon, surely I can get in 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week, right? The next time I wake up and tell myself that I am too tired to get up and run for half an hour, I will think of this man. This man who would love to have my two capable legs to run with I'm sure. So, 5am tomorrow, I am up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home