Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Follow up to last night.

I had planned this museum/dinner thing so that we would absorb a lot of time before Kevin's flight arrived. Things didn't take as long as they were suppose to.

The museum was cool, they were impressed with the dinosaur skeleton. I bought them little stuffed birds that twerp when you squeeze them, because I am cool like that. They made nests for their birds next to their beds last night, which is just cute.

On the way from the museum to the restaurant, we got to see a drug deal go down. Fantastic.

The restaurant was cool too, I have eaten there before but it has been a long time. Hayden was concerned about the menu, on our way to the The Flying Biscuit, she asked me what kind of food they had. She seemed concerned. The menu is a little hippieish, with all whole grains and no french fries. But everything was cool, she found an omelet and grits that she actually ate, almost entirely (The grits were totally out of this world, and I am a grit connoisseur). The boys had the most delicious french toast, of which they ate almost all gone. While we were waiting on our to-go food, which the waiter forgot about, the boys decided to perform for us. There was some great music playing in the restaurant and Tristan stood in his chair and played air guitar and made up some words. Jonas joined him, playing air drums. The show was entertaining (Hayden was fairly mortified they were doing this), until Tristan lost his balance and fell into his plate of french toast and raspberry sauce. It was awesome. Cream went everywhere. I was kicking myself for leaving the camera in the car.

We arrived at the airport too early, but luckily I was able to burn up some time by making FOUR passes through the south terminal, trying to figure out how to get my car into the parking deck. Then, inside the airport we had ice cream, again in an effort to burn some time. Since we can no longer go down to the gates, riding the cool airport train was out as a form of entertainment. We went to a level that is right above the atrium where people hang out and wait and eat and the boys ran laps up and down the curved corridor that overlooked the atrium below. I think they ran for about 15 minutes non-stop. Whee.

Once Kevin showed up, we had to spend a considerable amount of time getting the bag, because it only makes sense to put the baggage from 6 flights at one baggage carousel. I mean, why use the one right next to it that has three bags circling around and around?

By the time we pulled into the driveway at 9:30pm, all had returned to normal. The children were bickering and fighting, I had yelled at Hayden for being an antagonist and Kevin's hair was standing on end from his having run his hand through it. Sweet family bliss!


At 12:16 PM, Blogger The Sawyer Family Circus said...

I love the Flying Biscuit. We should go there without kids sometime.


Post a Comment

<< Home