Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One more thing about home

In the previous post I talked about how I didn't really have any kind of support or interaction with my parents during those difficult adolescent years. I pretty much came and went as I wanted to, especially once I had a car at 16. 99.9% of the time, my parents had no idea where I was or who I was with.

During that time I had (and still have) a very special group of friends. They were the ones who were there for me when I needed to cry or when I needed to ask an intimate and private question or when I needed to tell a secret. They were there for me and they still are. Friends are the family we get to choose and I really did choose well! They are a very special group of women, my sisters for life.

Stephanie, Barbara, Macy and Angela, thank you so much for everything. I love you guys.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you too, sweetie! Always.
Love,
Angela

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Ditto from me too! We'll always be kindred spirits. It's so great to see our progress and growth from our childhoods to the women we've become and also to be a part of the lives of your children who are all miracles in progress. :-)Love, Stephanie

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For 23 years, you have been my constant friend and sister. If anyone asks me what my greatest achievement in life is, I always say my long term friendships with a select group of women. No matter where life takes us and who joins us along the way, my friendship with you will provide my foundation in hope and love.

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home