Friday, March 02, 2007

Writer

Hayden had to write a short story for school. She wrote about a boy who had been orphaned and then raised by pirates on a pirate ship. The project was called message in a bottle and the class had to use a water bottle to make something related to ships or life at sea. She made hers into an hourglass (it was more like a 45 second glass) by sticking two water bottles together. They had to write a story that involved their item and she wrote about this boy who had been orphaned at sea by a storm. This hourglass was all he had left of his parents and he treasured it.

But the impressive thing was, she used the words laboriously and inauspicious in her story. The whole thing used words that I wouldn't expect from an 11 yr old. But those two jumped out for some reason.

She rocks, obviously.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Steph said...

See, I've always known that Hayden rocks. :-) She was writing little stories in her spiral notebooks in the back of the car as soon as she could write. She reminds me of myself at her age. I used to love creative writing so much...then school somehow sucked the creativity out of me!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayden rocks! Chris and I always love hanging out with her. I'm not at all surprised at her vocabulary. She's such a smart and mature kid. We can't wait to see her again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home