Friday, March 25, 2005

My own Easter Service

Someone I know thinks that her church (a Catholic one) should provide a "Members only Easter service" for those loyal church goers that go every Sunday. She is extremely irritated by the "two timers" that come to church only on Easter and Christmas and make her church going experience into an "ordeal" because she has to arrive an hour early just to get a seat.

Um, yeah. Doesn't that kind of attitude kind of go against the very basic principles of Christianity? Aren't churches suppose to be for everyone and aren't church members suppose to want people to come to their church? What the hell?

I am so glad I am not into the whole organized religion garbage. People like this person I mention above are the very ones that have turned me off to church and such. I will take my Easter service right at home in my pajamas,thank you very much.

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger cackmandu said...

That is some of the best stuff I had heard in a while. I never understood that thought process of the every Sunday church goer to dump on the 2 a year people. At least they're going.

I will second that motion and sit at home and do nothing. Amen!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Brandie said...

Although her attitude about it stinks, not everyone is like that. I hope you don't judge every person who participates in organized religion by her comments. Not that I think you do, but you can't judge an entire religion becuase some people turn you off to it!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Smoov said...

Yes I know you are right Brandie, but there are just so many of them! So many hypocrites that call themselves Christians.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Brandie said...

That is the hard part. I think though, you would find hypocrites in any category of people, the trouble is the hypocrites are often the ones who talk about how Christians are better than non-Christians! Which isn't true! We are all humans. We have that in common. Any other label is just a word we use to describe ourselves, and many labels are improperly used.
I can see how that is frustrating to you, cause it is to me too! But then I think, I can't judge an subset of people based on the few who aren't what they pretend to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home