Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Birthday

My 33rd birthday was last Saturday, May the 6th. I took the entire weekend off from work and crammed it full of fun instead. That was my birthday party.

Friday I took my sons to the Atlanta Zoo and Friday night I went to dinner with good friends and my husband at a local place where we always have some interesting encounter with someone. This time it was a man from Denmark.

Saturday we participated in the neighborhood yard sale, which I will never, ever do again. It pained me so to see people attempting to negotiate the price on a pair of jeans from the Gap that were worn once and were only marked at $1.00. Get bent you cheap bastards. Saturday night we took the kids and one of Hayden’s friends to Stone Mountain Park where we rode a train, a steam boat, and a sky lift and walked around the top of the mountain. Then we had dinner on the lawn and watched the Laser Show on the side of the mountain.

Sunday I took Hayden and her friend to see “Akeelah and the Bee”. Very good movie, it turned out to be inspiring for the girls and they got out the dictionary and spelled words together. We went to the mall where they shopped for books (love that) and I bought a truck load of sheet sets from the clearance shelf at Sears. Good for me as I am not usually a bargain shopper. I prefer to buy my stuff and get the hell out. Sunday night we went to visit my mom and dad at their new house. They just moved this weekend and while they are really happy and I am happy that they are happy, I think it sucks because they are now 55 miles away and I will most likely not see them very much. And that makes me sad. Anyway, my parents and brother and his family and my family all went out to eat. It was nice to have a whole weekend to do that kind of stuff. Working every weekend sucks ass and I am sick of it.

Pictures of my birthday weekend to follow.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you all had a fun time! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home