Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend without Daddy

Kevin has been gone since very early Friday morning. He has been off on a vacation in San Francisco, visiting his BFF. He has had good fun and been able to only be responsible for himself, although I am not exactly confident that he was very responsible at all. A guy who lives in the Bible belt, away for a weekend, sans wife and kids, in San Francisco....what can you really expect? Anyway, he is coming home tonight (yaaay!).

While he was gone, things here were actually great. I thought for sure I would lose my mind and tie the children in the closet while I mixed drink after drink for myself in the kitchen. But no, we had a good time and I managed to maintain control of my temper (mostly). We went to a puppet show at the Atlanta Center for Puppetry Arts and saw THE coolest puppet show. Then we visited my parents and even brought them a gourmet dinner from Zaxby's. We went shopping at Costco and made a meal of all the samples they had, then went home to ride bikes and play trains. Well, the twins did that, I hung out and supervised and drank wine. Hayden went to sleepover with a friend where she certainly stayed up too late. She called me at 11:30pm Sunday night, while I was in the middle of watching the season 6 premiere of 24. I was initially irritated to have to pause the show, but when she said, "I thought you might be lonely with dad and me gone so I wanted to call and tell you goodnight", my heart nearly exploded into a million little pieces. She can be so sweet at times, love that! Today we plan to visit Fernbank Museum of Natural History and then have dinner at The Flying Biscuit, and then on to the airport to pick up Daddy.

We have had a busy weekend, every night we have all gone to bed tired. It feels good to have crammed a lot into one long weekend, I like to feel that the days haven't been wasted. But the reality is, I don't know how to relax. It is difficult for me to just hang out at home. I get extremely restless. In between all the goings and doings, I also did laundry, cooked, cleaned, organized toys that were scattered all over the house, hung a rack thingy in my closet, organized a bunch of recipes that had been stuffed in a binder forever, and watched 12 episodes of 24, season 5.

I feel pretty tired. But yet, restless.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Sounds like a very busy weekend indeed!
Enjoy your dh's homecoming tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home