Friday, July 13, 2007

St. Vincent

I went to The Earl in east Atlanta Wednesday night. I was there to take some pictures of a band called St. Vincent, headed up by singer Annie Clark. I had never heard of this band before, until a co-worker of mine happened to mention them one evening at work (He's just about to become related to Annie via her sister). Annie Clark has also been part of the Polyphonic Spree.

Despite being very, very tired from being out until 1am the previous night at The Fray concert, I went to the show anyway. There were two bands that came before St. Vincent and unfortunately I can't recall their names. I spent a fair amount of that time in the restaurant part having some dinner. St. Vincent was really quite good and Annie's vocals are great. I was happy to listen to her mellow and smooth voice. The pictures were very difficult. The Earl is a very small venue and the lighting in there was seriously lacking. I am still in the process of processing the pictures but they are do dark! Despite my great effort with changing shutter speed, aperture and ISO, still, very dark pictures. I am somewhat disappointed because I wanted to have something great to give to Annie Clark, she was so friendly and obliging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home