Monday, July 16, 2007

When it rains it pours.

Our brand new washing machine needs a new mother board. A motherfucking mother board! What the hell? The washing machine has a mother board. We bought this new machine in January. It's one of those front-loading high efficiency ones. We like to be kind to environment as much as possible and using less water seemed great. Except that now this $800 motherfucker is broken. Sure, we wash a lot of clothes, but there are 5 of us. I expect a washing machine to last more than 6 months before breaking. So, the repair guy came and said he had to order parts and then would come back once we called to tell him the parts had arrived. And he recommended we get the extended warranty. We didn't have a washing machine all last week and won't have one this week either. Can you imagine how this sends me into a panic? I washed 2 loads of laundry at my friend's house Saturday while we got ready for a wedding. Then I washed 4 loads of laundry at my neighbor's house yesterday. Six loads of laundry in 2 days. And it's already starting to pile up again!

Oh yeah, and Kevin spent most of yesterday replacing the kitchen faucet. Well, actually he spent most of that time trying to get the bitch of a bolt off from the old, leaky faucet. Now we have a new shiny one that doesn't leak, that makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home