Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Activism

Today I was talking with a friend via emails exchanged when we were both suppose to be working. We talked about how we felt idle in a world where there was so much to be done. We talked about starting a ONE group somewhere locally, perhaps on the campus of the univeristy I attend. We talked about how we felt so blessed and lucky to have what we have and simultaneously felt paralyzed by the overwhelming sadness, violence, corruption, and general abuse of our fellow mankind that we were stumped as to what to do.

I feel so very small in the world. I feel like I should do something, but I don't even know where to begin. Maybe the Amnesty International table at the upcoming Dave Matthews Band show?

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest donations (in small amounts is fine) to Amnesty International, The ACLU, The DNC, NOW, Planned Parenthood, whatever Democratic candidates are running in your district and volunteering to do some phone bank work or office work for any of the above. Working an Amnesty table at a Dave Matthews concert is most likely preaching to the choir.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Smoov said...

Thanks for the thoughts. While working at the DMB show may be preaching to the choir, it will get lots of signatures on petitions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home