Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dwindling lunch account

The kids all have accounts with their schools for lunch money. I put money on the accounts online and they just go through the line and then the cashier deducts their total from their accounts. Easy and eliminates lost lunch money or the classic bully who takes lunch money from kids. The accounts are set up to email me when the balance gets low. So I get this email last week for one of the boys telling me his account balance is low. I thought it was odd that I got an email just about one boy's account and not the other one because they eat lunch in the cafeteria on the same days and bring their lunch from home on the same days generally, so their balances should be pretty similar.

Last night I checked the purchase history to see what was going on, I though maybe the cashier was getting the twins mixed up or something. I opened up Jonas' account and see two weeks of purchases that went breakfast, lunch, breakfast,lunch, breakfast lunch every day. Now, sometimes they eat breakfast at school because they are having something the boys really like or because we got up late. But they certainly don't eat at school every morning. I called Jonas over to talk to him and asked him if he had been eating breakfast at school recently. He got a sheepish grin and said "Yes mommy, I've still been hungry when I get to school. I've been sneaking breakfast." I laughed for 5 minutes solid. He's been eating a full breakfast at home every morning and then going to school and eating again an hour later. Growth spurt? Hollow legs? The kid barely weighs 40 pounds and is 5 years old. Where does all this food go? I assured him he wasn't in trouble and it was fine to eat breakfast at school if he preferred that. He then told me, "I love the sausage biscuits they have at school and the breakfast pizzas too. And they have strawberry milk there mommy." So there it is, the mystery of the dwindling lunch account solved.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

We use the website here too, I LOVE it. We don't pay for breakfast though....they give all the kids breakfast free at our school.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Steph said...

this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time! Your kids are so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home