Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baking

So...I have to make a load of cookies tonight for an open house thing at work tomorrow. My boss specifically asked me if I could participate by bringing in some cookies (normally I would volunteer for stuff like drinks, chips, chicken nuggets I can buy from Chick-fil-a) so of course I was all, "Sure! No problem!" Then I realized I also have to cook a dish for 20 people tonight, for tomorrow night's school family dinner (Tristan is in this family program at school where they keep all the kids together through K,1 and 2 so they do stuff like dinners, field trips, etc together). Anyway....

I did one batch of cookies last night and used that Reynolds release stuff, which, Oh My God!, rocks. Why didn't I know about this stuff? No more baking sheet scrubbing. So I decided that I should get some silicone baking sheets because now that the cleaning up is easier I'm going to bake like a mother-fucker (not really, this is just a phase, but still). I'm looking online at Target so I can decide what I'm going to get when I run out at lunch and I am reading these reviews of these silicone baking sheets. This one literally had me in tears laughing:

Way to flexible, February 21, 2006
Reviewer: Sandra (Southern California)
This cookie sheet is so flimsy that you can't move it without supporting it completely underneath. The only way to use it is to take your oven rack out of the oven, place the cookie sheet on it, put cookies on the sheet and put the whole rack back in the oven. To remove from oven you have to remove the rack again. This is extremely cumbersome and inconvenient, especially when hot. The only good thing is you can roll it up like a rug to store. Yes, roll it! I am very disappointed.


This person gives this product one star because it's too flimsy to use! I'm certainly no Betty Crocker, but come on! How stupid do you have to be to think you are suppose to put just this silicone baking sheet in your oven? I can see maybe a kid not getting it right away, but an adult? Who should have basic public school education? Oh Lord!

Anyway, I'm totally getting these sheets because there is no waste to throw out (cue tree-hugging hippie music) and we love raw cookie dough and seriously, it's pretty damn relaxing to make cookies and then bring them to other people..it makes them smile. And...since we're no longer drinking at home (another long story for another day) what the hell else am I going to do at night? You can only have so much sex and read so much...I need variety!

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kris-T said...

So how about bumping that "other story" up to today?!?!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger roadiemon said...

Bwahahaha!! That's hilarious! :) It reminds me of a funny website I came across recently that collected the text of 1-star reviews from Amazon of books that were on Time Magazine's top 100 pieces of fiction. Some of them had me almost fall out of my chair!

sorry, I just recently cleaned out my bookmarks. I'll have to look for it again.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger roadiemon said...

AHA!

http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/reviews/lone_star_statements.php

I am the Google Master! (takes bow) ;-)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Steph said...

ok, this one is even funnier than the lunch/breakfast story!! you totally crack me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home