Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanksgiving

Me: What do you mean we'll just have dinner without Ray and Lesley (my brother and his wife)?
Mom: Well, they are eating with Lesley's grandmother and won't be over until later, maybe around 4:00. And you guys have to go over to Lisa's house (Kevin's sister), so we'll just eat when you get here.
Me: That sucks mom, why don't we just all get together Friday instead. It makes more sense, we're all off from work and don't have to be anywhere that day.
Mom: No! We can't do that.
Me: (loud sigh) Why not mother?
Mom: It's not Thanksgiving if you don't do it ON Thanksgiving day.
Me: Well mom, what sort of Thanksgiving is it if our whole family isn't there at the same time? What's the point?
Mom: (sounds like a spoiled child) Because, we have to have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day.

Oh how I love the holidays when I get to gather with my insane extended family.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kris-T said...

O...M...G. Have fun with that ;)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Steph said...

At least your mohter in law isn't coming home from the hospital on Thanksgiving day and you've volunteered to fix Thanksgiving dinner with your sister in law at your mother in law's house! :-) I think I must have been crazy when I made that offer!! Thankfully she's writing down lots of instructions for us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home