Friday, December 07, 2007

Buying jeans

So I love jeans from The Gap and I have recently been cleaning out closets and replacing older jeans or ones that don't work for my 34 yr old mommy body anymore. Now, I have always thought of myself as an average size in pretty much all respects. I seem to be as tall as most women I see out and about, I'm about 5'5". I wear an 8 or a 6 depending on the clothing and an 8 in shoes. I assume lots of people are my size because my sizes are often scare on the clearance and sale racks. So, I'm buying jeans online from The Gap and the inseam choices are: Ankle, Regular and Long. I look up the size chart and discover that regular means an 32 inch inseam. Is that really regular? That's just 2 inches shorter than my 6'2" dad's inseam. But Ankle is 29 inches. What the fuck? Where is 30 or 31 inches? I'm pretty much a solid 30 inseam, a 31 gives me the trendy style that drags under my feet a little, which kind of annoys me unless I'm wearing heels. 30.5 inches is my ideal inseam but yeah, no one sells jeans in that size. So, I get the 32 inseam and good Lord they are too long! I love the jeans, so much that I did a load of laundry to specifically wash them. I wanted to wear them to work Friday. I will eventually get them hemmed but today I had to wear my blue suede boots with 3 inch heels so that I wasn't walking all over my jeans at the office.

Gap, please....rethink what you call "regular" inseams because really, the average woman isn't that damn tall!

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Anandi said...

Try being 5 foot 3 and a size 14 :P Granted, I know I'm not *supposed* to be a size 14 when I'm this short, but I'm not the only one out there. You'd think jeans manufacturers would have caught on by now.

And the 29 inch inseam for "ankle" is even too short for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home